Supportive Regulation/Policy Activities – Blending, a Technical Safety Authority Perspective:
Sidney Manning, Chair of the Interprovincial/Territorial Gas Advisory Council (IGAC) & Provincial Plumbing and Gas Administrator, Alberta Municipal Affairs, Alberta, Canada
An Overview of the Interprovincial Gas Advisory Council (IGAC), role of regulators, challenges & concerns (Hydrogen Blending context), drivers impacting regulatory footprint, gaps identified in 100% hydrogen application. Disconnects & Opportunities. How to leverage relationship strengths across industry.
Supportive Hydrogen Policy & Technical Collaboration – Europe’s Ready4H2 Initiative:
Dr. Jean Schweitzer, Senior Project Manager, Danish Gas Technology Centre, Denmark
Ready4H2 is a new collaborative project between 100 European (and a few non European) gas DSO’s (gas utilities). The project aims at highlighting the role of DSO in the development of Hydrogen. The project includes a knowledge sharing platform where DSO’s share their experiences both for technical & regulative aspects.
Regulatory/Policy – Canada’s Federal Hydrogen Strategy – Hydrogen Use in Heating
John Lau, Senior Policy Analyst, Natural Resources Canada (NRCAN), Canada – Natural Gas and Hydrogen Division
– The role of hydrogen in achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
– Progress to date on the implementation of Canada’s Hydrogen Strategy, and next steps.
– Results of the Hydrogen Natural Gas Working Group under the implementation of Canada’s Hydrogen Strategy.
– Overview of federal hydrogen-related funding programs and policy initiatives.
- Date:June 20, 2023
- Time (approx.):8:10 am Pacific Time
- Event:Hydrogen Blending – End-Use Virtual Conference